Monday, June 12, 2006

World Cup Round-Up

Azzurris 2 - Ghana 0

Good game. I was impressed by the Ghanian goal keeper. Very exciting.

If an Italian soccer god cuts his soccer god hair, is he still a soccer god? Totti is and will always be Totti. He still looks manly great. Del Piero, why? Yeah, he's still superb looking, but I dunno, I gotta get used to this.


Italian I liked today: Luca Toni. The emotion! The crossbar!

Don't like the Italian uniforms. They look like they've got built-in armpit sweat stains. Yuck.


Czechs 3 - USA 0

My $5 bill is out the window. It has sported wings and flys, flys away.


Australia 3 - Japan 1

What a comeback! Congratulations socceroos. How exciting! I wish I had seen it.

You know, the working life is a pain. I don't get to see any of the weekday games live! Phooey.

Tomorrow....old Frenchmen take the field....this could be painful.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please keep in mind that my entire knowledge of soccer can be written on the back of a postage stamp, but I think, in my inexpert opinion, we did really well against Japan (at least in the last 10 minutes!). Nice of the ref to own up to that shocker when Japan got their one and only goal.

Poor Nanuk misses the games because she's at work - spare a thought for us 'down under' - the earliest game starts at 11.00pm, the latest at 5.00am!!!

cityofmushrooms said...

built-in sweat stains and all --
the azzuri's still have the best uniforms w/the best men (even w/shorn England-styles do's) in them

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Ok susie. You definitely have it worse than I do. But I'll still complain because I so enjoy it.

cityofmushrooms said...

VCR people VCR!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, there's nothing like a good whinge is there? Here's one. We play Brazil this Sunday - the kick off is 6pm German time, which is about 2.00am Monday morning our time! What sort of a state are we all going to be at work on Monday morning??? mmmmmmm - I feel a sickie coming on.....

cityofmushrooms said...

better call in sick
world cup comes but once every 4 years!

Anonymous said...

I've already warned the boss......but I have a job interview tomorrow with the same boss, so need to be on my best behaviour till the job is decided.....chucking a sickie on Monday may not be the way to go.....

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

You won't risk your career for a World Cup match??? What kind of football fan are you?

Good luck with the interview!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks.

And - not that big a fan - only following sort of because we're in it this time round.