Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Wednesday World Cup Update


Espana 4 – Ukraine 0

??? Wha happened to Ukraine? The only good thing about this is that everyone can stop trashing the USA as the worst team in the tournament and turn their scathing criticism over to the Ukrainians now. I know the USA is more fun to hate, internationally speaking, but fair is fair. Time to hammer Ukraine. Does this mean Spain are really, really good?

Tunisia 2 – Evil Saudis 2

Yeah. I’m no fan of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, but I guess I shouldn’t take it out on their soccer team. Whatever. Who knew this would turn into a barn-burner? Tunisia tied the game in the 92nd minute? Wow, since when does anything happen in stoppage time? Totally exciting.

Germany v Poland is on right now.
I don’t care for Germany, but I like Poland even less. (What’s today? Bigot Wednesday? I hate everybody today.) Go Germany, kill Poland!


I’ll be reading along with live blogging over at the NY Times. This is addictive and such a total time-waster at work…shame on me.


UPDATE: Adios Polski. heh heh heh.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

I was about to ask how you can get in all these games but you answered my question w/the new york times world cup blogger
I should check it out

as for the germans and the poles: I am making brautwurst in honour of the germans (tho ollie should be the keeper get him off the bench and into nets, I say!)

made pasta for the italians on monday and look how well THEY did

eat along w/world cup

(maybe I should have made french food for les poor bleus hier...)
where is julia child when we need her???

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I would've been more than happy to eat a crepe last night but the game was already over by supper time.

cityofmushrooms said...

maybe you could have had one for lunch...