Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ah Oui Baby

Start Ribery = Win Game. Rinse, repeat.

What a goal. The beauty of having one's own blog is that one can brag into the blogosphere about one's ability to spot a great young footballer in one quick glance. I knew he had it in him. C'est le big fun. Or as John Helm might say, I was going mental.

And Zidane's goal was a thing of beauty. It was bittersweet to watch. You wish these guys could stay young forever.

Watching Thierry Henry is an exercise in frustration. I can't stand to see any more of those off-sides. He's killing me.

Adios, crazy Aragones. Go home to your poultry sexer.

John Helm was in fine form, but not in the same league with that manical singing Spanish announcer in the next booth. That guy was out of his mind. My fave Helmism: it was swashbuckling football.

Fan of the game: That French person in the giant furry pink bunny suit. Why wear a bunny costume to a World Cup match? Oh why not. (Gallic shrug.)

Next stop Brazil. My logical brain says the next stop after Brazil is...home, but my emotional French brain says allez les Bleus jusqu'au bout. (Yeah, I'm dreaming.)

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

think '98, you bleu fan, you

john helms (THE john helms) said "I'm going mental"???? naaaaa
(I missed the game)

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

To clarify I believe he said the announcer in the next booth was "going mental" and the match hadn't even started yet. Later, he said that the fans were going mental, too.

Everybody's mental.

cityofmushrooms said...

mr. john was quite caught up in the proceedings, wasn't he?