Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Miscellaneous World Cup and Other News

No time for blogging yesterday*. This is terrible. What odds and ends do I have today?

I realized I’ve been so busy with other things I haven’t even listened to Bob’s radio show from last week! And it’s about jail. Prisons songs are generally great songs, so I’m assuming he has some gems there. This week’s subject is fathers. Hmmm. Bob will probably talk about his grandchildren.

Korea 2 – Togo 1
When I was a kid, Togo was my favourite country name. I thought a place with such a cool-sounding name must be nice. I’ll probably never find out, though. I guess 2-1 is a pretty respectable score, considering all the turmoil on the team. Do they have a coach? Are they coachless? Are the players being paid? What a mess.

France 0 – Suisse 0
Apparently this was an interesting first half followed by a crappy second half. I fear Les Bleus ain’t going nowhere in this tournament. Hope I am wrong.

Brazil 1 – Croatia 0
I was expecting more from Brazil. What’s wrong with fat Ronaldo? One of the Croatian players said: “I would love to see the statistics of how far he ran. I think he made three or four sprints of 10 metres or so.” God, I can run more than that. Hey I’m fitter than Ronaldo! Neat!

Who decides to go by the name of “Kaka”? Am I wrong, or is this not a universal term for, you know, poo? Why do I think young boys (and not so young ones) must really love this name and say it as often as possible?

The police had to gently break-up the street party on St-Laurent yesterday after the Brazilian victory. One win and already people were dancing and doing hand-stands in the middle of the street. I suspect things are just gonna get wilder and wilder. Nice thing was, a lot of Croatians seemed to be having fun too. Now that is the right attitude. Who can resist partying with Brazilians.


*Yes, I'm doing this on office time.

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

kaka has always seemed an unfortunate name to me as well
then again, I'm not a young boy

cityofmushrooms said...

as for les blues
too sad