Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Today in Cup News

Germany 3 - Ecuador 0

I saw a wee bit of the Germany match. They look real good. Real good. I feel sorry for everybody who has to go up against these guys.

Poland 2 - Costa Rica 1

Go home, all of you. I was watching the end of this match live, standing behind a Costa Rican guy who thought he was alone. Suddenly he let out this long string of swearing. In English! My virgin ears! Now why he chose to swear in English, when I'm sure he knows loads of really good Spanish swears is unclear to me. But he suddenly realized he wasn't alone and apologized profusely. Endlessly.
I explained that it was no problem at all. I totally understood how emotional people get at the World Cup. (I should've directed him here.) He tried explaining: "But it's my country and they are so terrible. I am so disappointed." etc etc. Again I told him to forget it. He left at the start of stoppage time and was still apologizing. I told him again to forget-about-it. I suspect I'll see him in the elevator later today and he'll apologize all over again. Poor guy.

So that's it for today. I am hoping to not find out the result of the England - Sweden match until I get home and watch the tape. Wish me luck. So no more blogging or hanging around the Internet til evening.

Die you English dogs! Go Sverige!

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

no
I've got a soft spot for rooney
go england!
(for the time being)