Monday, June 19, 2006

More World Cup musings


Ronaldo is the Elvis of the World Cup. Except nobody seems to prefer fat old Ronaldo, whereas as fat old Vegas Elvis still had his share of fans. Maybe the Japanese Prime Minister likes Ronaldo.

“Barty” Crouch pulled on the T’n’T player’s dreadlocks while scoring his goal? Now that is rude.

Harry Kewell is under investigation for bad language. An Australian player in trouble for swearing? I can’t believe it.

As angry as I am at Les Bleus, they DID get screwed out of a second goal. The Korean goal keeper’s hand was clearly behind the line when he caught the ball and pushed it back out. Rip-off.

Suisse 2 – Togo 0

So the undeserving French aren’t officially out of it yet. If they can beat Togo (a BIG IF since they can’t apparently beat anybody even if their stinkin' lives depend on it) and somebody wins the Suisse v. Korea game, then France are okay. If Suisse v. Singing Korea tie, then I dunno. Goal differential something or other comes into play. Whatever.


Just start Ribery. Vive la cicatrice.

I can’t even begin to figure out how the Azzurri get in or go home. I hate this Group of D****. I’m still crying too many bitter tears to contemplate the whole messy matter.

6 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

I'm still crying for the azurri's too
quote from the manager of miss mushroom's soccer team: "makes you ashamed to be italian"
tho not italian myself: I have to sadly agree
as for les bleus...zidane, zidane wherefore WERT thou?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I hope you appreciate that I don't use the D word when talking about the Group of D**** anymore. This is just for you.

Well, I guess Zizou can run for President now that his intl career is over. Don't people want him to be President? I know I do. France needs a Pres with an immigrant background. Zizou pour Prez.

cityofmushrooms said...

I'd vote for ZZ

cityofmushrooms said...

BARTY crouch!
hahahaharry
I finally get it
good one

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I'm still in Harry Potter mode.

cityofmushrooms said...

reminds me: gotta get to that half blood prince