Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Beware the Headless Harper

"He said Mr. Chand and several others in the group were also accused in the synopsis of wanting to behead the Canadian prime minister, Stephen Harper. "

My question: Why? As gruesome as this is, I want to know what it would serve. Would world leaders everywhere tremble and submit to Islamists' demands? Oooh, I don't want to be headless like Stephen Harper. This is insane.

I'll bet Paul Martin is enjoying wearing his head on his shoulders these days. Meanwhile Ignatieff looks in the mirror and decides, you know, he kinda likes his head and would like to keep it. Maybe this Prime Minister biz is not for him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Possibly because the terrorist world has learned that theres nothing so gut-clenching at the word 'beheaded' to the press. It's old-school and creates extra headlines. Personally it creeps me out too.

cityofmushrooms said...

tho ya gotta admit "headless like harper" is not a bad moniker...

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I'd settle for sticking bamboo shoots under Stevie's fingernails.