Thursday, June 22, 2006

2 out of 3 are through

OK, so far so good.
Portugal and Italy are in, only France is left of MY teams.
Not to forget my Five Dollar Swedes, but my heart isn't in it, as far as they are concerned.

Soccer is cruel. I can't believe the Azzurri are facing the Socceroos. Don't hate me, susie, but I gotta keep supporting the Italians. They have the best eyebrows! Come on. But the Aussies have that wholesome Ralph Lauren ad thing happening. Hmmm. It's too much of a good thing.

I like the Brazilians a lot, but wow if Ghana won that would be the upset of the Century. (Yeah, the Century is young, but I stand by that statement.) That would be neat.

I'm glad Ronaldo got his fat ass moving. It's about time.

7 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

tho I had to watch the second half of the azzurri's in the dentist chair: 'twas a happy, happy day on the pitch

Anonymous said...

You can't believe the Italians are playing us? Believe it!!!!! Oh, and the matchwinner for us was one of the guys in that pic you posted!(Harry Kewell) Pleased to hear the game next week starts at the sleep friendly time of 1.00am......

Anonymous said...

Oh, and can I just add:

Go Aussie!

You and I may not be speaking after this game Nanuk! lol

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

The soccer gods are on my side. Tomorrow is a holiday here, and 90% of people seem to have today (Friday) off, but my office is closed on Monday instead. Which means I get to see Italy-Aussie at home. yay.

Oh, and susie, you don't need to point out Harry Kewell to me. You think I've forgotten that face? You don't know me, do you. (Yah, ya do.)

Anonymous said...

The always predictable Nanuk!
http://www.theage.com.au/news/aussie-update/we-can-win-the-cup/2006/06/23/1150845378921.html

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Thanks for that link.
Ha, the confidence of youth.

Anonymous said...

True, but Harry is a very experienced player - he's played in the Premier League in UK for some years after being spotted playing in Sydney as a youngster. Gotta start out-psyching the opposition as early as possible.