Sunday, June 04, 2006

Magnetic Jingles

This afternoon I saw an Ivory commercial that used the music of Boa Constrictor. No lyrics, just the music. Considering the lyrics of Boa Constrictor I can see why they just used the music.

Then tonight I saw a commercial for dog food that used the music to I Think I Need a New Heart. No lyrics. That's two in one day.

When did Magnetic Fields become the go-to band for t.v. jingles? Weird. They do have very catchy tunes, but I don't think of them as "commercial" or "commercials". ha ha.

And, yes, I am aware that I stole one of their titles for this blog. I should add music and steal the tune, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not as shameful as last year's use of Hot Topic by feminist-electro-punks Le Tigre to promote some cell-phone company (interesting how quickly we forget the product brand name but remember the tune)...and if you want catchy, I think the winner of this year's catchiest jingle is that delightful "Summer, summer is the time to play. Summer, summer, summer is the time to play (those great shorts also help to enhance the ad.)

N. Rota (I don't know the score)

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»