Wednesday, June 28, 2006

La Fin du Monde (Part Deux)


Ever have a day when you’re feeling rather apocalyptic? I had a dream last night that the world was in anarchy. There was rioting on my street and the entire planet was in flames. After a bit of discussion I’ve narrowed down the possible causes of this dream to either a) the psychological impact of English football hooliganism; or b) a generous dose of Nyquil just before bedtime.

Regardless of the cause, today I can’t shake this eerie feeling that the centre cannot hold and anarchy will be loosed upon the world. Damn you, Yeats, and your catchy memorable quotable quotes!

This, and the fact that I have a yearning to go to Berlin, that most decadent of cities. It’s a Weimar thing, isn’t it? Is it time to party like its 1929? Where’s Kurt Weill when I need him?

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

you get some bratwurst
you get some beer
you put on the kurt weill cd
you dance around the room
when you're tired, you put on the
german-argetina game
you flake out on the couch

there

fin du monde averted