Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Half-Time Chat about Germans

I always like hearing about the German player, Frings, because he reminds me of when you could go to Harvey’s and get an order of half fries and half onion rings. They were also called Frings. Mmmm, Frings.

Harvey’s fries used to be so good when they made them fresh. Then they switched to frozen fries and I stopped caring. I remember reading a comment from the President or CEO of Harvey’s saying that customers wouldn’t mind because their frozen fries were as good as their fresh. What an idiot. They are not even close. I’ve been back to Harvey’s plenty of times over the years but it just ain’t the same.

Schweinsteiger means “pig climber”. I don’t have any childhood anecdote to go with this fact, although in university I knew a guy whose German last name translated into “mouse head”. He thought he had a stupid name. I can’t blame him.



1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

I wish I spoke german!
pig climer, indeed!