Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Vive la gauche

“Left-handed men who attended at least a year in college go on to earn significantly more than their right-handed classmates. Those who finished all four years of college earned, on average, a whopping 21 percent more than similarly educated right-handed men...Curiously, the researchers found no wage differential among left- and right-handed women.”

Us left-handed girls are being discriminated against! I want 21% more money than my rightist colleagues. I feel it is my due.

Left-handedness is like gayness. We are always looking around for acquaintances or famous people who share our trait, and we’re always happy when we spot one. Am I right (i.e. correct?) on that?

Our Big Left Dog is, of course, Bill Clinton.

This week I noticed that Gordon Ramsay, the mad chef, is a leftist too. And he wields a mean cleaver. And he’s nasty. I like!

4 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

as my left-handed sister used to say; "if you're wrong, you must be right-handed"

Anonymous said...

I just knew there was something weird about you Nanuk! Oh, and I notice a previous post referring to St Ignatius - Catholic as well??? Bloody hell......

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I detect some anti-Papist sentiment in your comment...heh.

Just to clarify, indeed I went to Catholic elementary school, but I didn't grow up to be some crazy "Mel Gibson Catholic" or anything remotely close to that.

cityofmushrooms said...

Did you have nuns as teachers?
you know how exotic I find that