Thursday, August 17, 2006

On the bus this morning...


A young girl sitting across from me was reading a Nancy Drew mystery. Ah, the nostalgia. It is so great that these books are still out there. She was reading The Double Jinx Mystery, which is Book No. 50. I loved seeing that yellow spine with the number on it. It reminded me of visiting my cousin Kathy and seeing ALL of the Nancy Drews together, their yellow spines lined up in numerical order on her bookshelf. No. 1 was The Secret of the Old Clock. We only had 9 or 10 of them at home, so seeing all of them in a row was so impressive to me.

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

I love nancy drew
last year, I re-read THE RING MASTER'S SECRET so great
a while back, jr miss mushrooms and I almost got thru the one that takes place in scotland (MYSTERY OF THE WHISPERING BAGPIPES???) but she lost interest
can't imagine why...