Wednesday, August 09, 2006

301st Post


I reviewed my oeuvre yesterday. 300 posts in 120 days equals, if my St. Ignatius Grade 4 arithmetic serves me well, 2.5 posts per day. That doesn’t seem as excessive as I had originally thought.

I started my blog in anticipation of World Cup watching and commenting. The World Cup came and went, and I’m still here.

I thought about stopping, but then I figured that as long as Steve reigns over the True North Strong and Free, I will need an outlet to relieve the pressure. And as long as W is the Leader of the Free World, anger, fear, frustration and dumbfoundedness simmer just beneath the surface of my placid exterior. Therefore there’s gotta be a place to rant. And as long as there’s a Style Section in the Saturday Globe & Mail, well…

Thanks to everybody who comments, and to those of you who don’t…I raise a suspicious eyebrow.

“On the Web, everyone will be famous to fifteen people.” (David Weinberger)

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

david speaks the truth, no doubt