Thursday, August 17, 2006

Terror-related gripe of the day

I held off on this one for a week, but here goes.

This London airport shut-down re the alleged bombing plan was nonsense. There’s no evidence of purchased tickets, valid passports or any kind of prepared explosives. The suspects had been under surveillance for weeks. So why was all that incredibly disruptive action taken against the “threat”? They could’ve taken all these suspects in, arrested at their homes, and done nothing at the airports. There was no need for anything to happen to disrupt air travel. What bogus garbage.

I’m tired of authorities trying to scare me.


I know that someday, sooner or later, somebody's going to get on the Metro here with a bomb in a knapsack and blow a train up. I know it. I accept it. I'll be shocked, but I won't be surprised. And I'm still riding the Metro. It would be great if a police offer caught this person before this occurred, but that probably won't happen. So be it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad there's someone else who agrees with me about (aboot?) this!

I just saw Bush say 'this country is at war...blah blah blah'Conservative politicians flourish in a climate of fear.