Friday, August 25, 2006

Don't pull his finger

I’ve ignored this story for too long.

Now anyone who knows me knows I like a good fart joke as much as the next guy, unless the next guy happens to be the President of the United States.

From US News and World Report, 20 August:

“A top insider let that slip when explaining why President Bush is paranoid around women, always worried about his behavior. But he's still a funny, earthy guy who, for example, can't get enough of fart jokes. He's also known to cut a few for laughs, especially when greeting new young aides,…”

I’m not even going to touch the “paranoid around women” issue. I’ll leave that to an army of psychologists.

But say you were a new, bright-eyed White House aide, and you were meeting the President for the first time, and he farts in front of you as a joke. How would you react? I’d vomit, and then despair for the future of our world. What an astounding jerk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've said this before.....they elected him twice - once I could understand, but twice????

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I know, I know.
I'm surprised there haven't been any hurricanes caused by the whole rest of the world shaking their heads at the same time.