Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Modern Times


My first impression of the new Bob CD is that it feels like in the midst of recording Love & Theft, he decided to go outside for a smoke break that lasted 5 years. Then he went back into the studio and finished recording Love & Theft: Part Deux.

Yep, it sounds exactly like the last record. And this is a good thing because I love the last record so I am very happy with more of the same.

The videos are weird. Bob has a perpetually pinched look on his face. I want to tell whoever is pinching him to just stop it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In any case, you only have a few more years to listen to music, as you have to give it up by fifty... your words, not mine!...

Also out of curiosity sake, why is it Bob and Bruce can slip under your fifty radar...and not Mick or Keith? I understand the hot-in-jeans argument, where Bruce is concerned. Surely, this cannot be said of Bob...can it?

signed,
A Jo Anne Worley fan

NB: Haven't gotten my package yet. Stupid fools!

cityofmushrooms said...

hot bob jeans?!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Sigh. It's about dignity. It's about still performing, but acting your age, especially when you are a grandfather like Bob and Mick are.

As for any statement I may have made in the past, I am now using as my defense my complete lack of both short- and long-term memory to state I don't remember ever saying anything about anything.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Sorry to disappoint. I didn't know BBC was even having a Bob Dylan thing.