Friday, August 04, 2006

Miscellaneous Friday Observations

I'm at the office right now, but this beats working.

When did enlarged prostates become THE subject for t.v. commercials? There must be a dozen different medications for this now. I don’t need to see any more old guys running to the toilet. These commercials have got to go. Heh heh.

Burt Bacharach is cool. I like that Geico commercial he does. “She got hit in the reeear.” Yeah, it’s juvenile, but I laugh every time.

Summer is half over, and I haven’t had a gin-and-tonic yet. I knew something was missing this year. I have to remedy this situation.

The races at Saratoga were cancelled one day this week because of the heat. That’s good news for the horses, but if it happens again next week, I know one person who is going to be really miffed (alas, that person is not me) $2 on Sun Up!

Are both Montoya and Villeneuve moving to NASCAR next year? Call me a Formula One snob, but isn’t NASCAR where European drivers go when nobody wants them in F1 anymore? Losers.

Condi goes to the ranch with W when he’s on vacation. Is she ever away from that man? Doesn’t she want to get away from him sometimes? Condi, dear, if you are on vacation with your boss, then you are not on vacation. What is wrong with that woman.

Bob’s new CD comes out in 24 days. Be still my heart.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Burt Bacharach commercial, too, um, and the Charo one. I can't help it -- Charo fascinates me. Regretfully, I missed her appearance at the Parma Senior High School auditorium here a few years back. Dammit.

Anonymous said...

p.s. If you come down here I'll make you a g&t. I have the necessary supplies. Eat your heart out, Henri!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

That's an awfully long way to go for a drink. thanks, though.

I'll just stop at IGA tonight and pick up a bottle of t. I already have the g.

Anonymous said...

I personally make no distinction between the seasons when it comes to drinking a g&t - I maintain you can drink them all year round.....and I extend an offer to drop by my place for a g&t!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Hospitality abounds in this place!