Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend round-up

I don't know about this "Dormex" pill. It did not make me dorm like a baby. I slept okay-ish, but I was expecting to be out cold, and rise a new person, Lazarus-like, on Monday morning, completely refreshed. That didn't happen. Phooey. I fell asleep around 11, and the first time I woke up it was...12:30. Then I woke up again at 2 and at 3. That's a pretty normal night. I guess it could've been worse, but I think I'll skip the Dormex tonight.

In other news, Prince Harry is an embarrasment. "Our Paki mate"? Good lord. You're a prince, clean up your act.

Which leads to my "Paki mate". Kumar is on the chopping block. Nary a sign of life from him this weekend, so his days are numbered. At what point does hopelessly unreliable trump quirkily adorable? Pretty darn soon, I think.


I saw Slumdog Millionaire. I liked it, but found it exhausting. So much happens. And there's a lot of cruelty in it. Casual cruelty that I found disturbing. On a lighter note, the Indian host of Who Wants to be a Millionaire is sooo smarmy. Regis was never like that. That being said, he is the character I will remember the most because he irritated me so much. And the movie ends with a Bollywood dance number, so who can really complain about that? Not me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Who Wants to be a Millionaire MC from Slumdog should host the Oscars in character. And he should tell everyone that they're a (blank) wallah of whatever crap they always do.

"Kate Winslet! You are a naked but unhappy wallah!"

"Brad Pitt! You are a Robert Redford wallah!"

"Mickey Rourke! You are a train wreck wallah!"