Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration observations I

Preamble:
Dick (Total Dick) Cheney is in a wheelchair. Personally I was hoping he’d go out in handcuffs.
Michelle is freakin’ huge. She is so tall next to Laura. She’s an Amazon.
Walter Mondale’s wife is wearing a dead rodent on her head.
Al Gore looks hot as usual.
A reporter asks Steven Spielberg what he is thinking: I wanted him to say “Bernie Madoff stole millions of my money. That bastard. I can’t get over it!” But no, he had mundane comments appropriate to the occasion instead. Too bad.
I lived in D.C. 22 years ago. I wish I was living there today.
The Obama daughters are so cute. I hope their years in the spotlight don’t mess them up forever.
I love Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter. They are still a great-looking couple. Yay, Carters!
The Clintons. Bill’s got a look that says “I’m never go away, America! Ha! Ha!”
Is anything else happening in the world? Anywhere? Is a bomb going off in a market in Baghdad?
Oh wow. The Obama grandmother is going to be living at the White House? Barak’s mother-in-law will be living with them? I smell a sitcom.

No comments: