Sunday, January 25, 2009

Smells like victory

Last Monday, when Kumar surprised me, I laid down the law. He is so unreliable about staying in touch, I told him he must start letting me know what he is up to, particularly on weekends when he will not be around. I ain’t waiting around for him no more. A short, painless message is all that is required. He said yeah, yeah, and I fully expected my demands to be unmet, ignored, forgotten about. At least he didn’t tell me to “chill, woman”.

This weekend rolls round, and hallelujah, there he is on-line, telling me about the additional $800 he has to put on the car, and the meeting he is having with a client this afternoon. I said happily: You listened to me! He responded: LOL. (This is IM, after all.)

I can’t believe it. I’d resigned myself to his being hopeless. I had given up. But he can be trained. This was almost as good as seeing him.

As I bask in my victory, I imagine he is thinking: Maybe she’ll shut up now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and lets hope its not a temporary thing and he falls back into all those bad habits again!!!!

Anonymous said...

you can't change him, you can only change yourself and if you can live with those changes well, it's worth it. On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to try, but one thing at a time. they can't handle more than that! tee hee.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I'm not attempting to change anything else about him, just this one annoying thing.

cityofmushrooms said...

smells like teen spirit