Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Hollywood Blonde

Everyone who loved Grand Prix wrestling as a kid should see The Wrestler.

Anyone who knows me knows I am a fan of The Mickey Rourke. There are detractors (looks Down Under) but this site has always been pro-Mickey, Mickey-friendly, and will remain so.

Two words to describe the movie: fuckin' bleak. A third word: bloody.

Lots of blood. And a simple story about a loser living a pathetic life. These things always smell Oscar. But it uses one of my all-time favourite songs Sweet Child O'Mine in a way that made me smile.

A warning, however, for Mr. Anonymous: hand-held camera. Beware.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo! Hand Held camera? What were they thinking??????

Otherwise, it has the three things one looks for in a movie:

1. Wrestling
2. Mickey Rourke
3. Wrestling

But hand held camera? I may not be able to go then. I find that even the Bourne movies on TV are making me queasy.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

The first 5 minutes or so made me queasy, and I thought of you and said He's not going to enjoy this.

Anonymous said...

apparently Axl Rose gave them 'sweet child of mine' when they ran out of money. Mrs. Anon also hates hand held cams but not as much as her whiney husband. xx