Thursday, January 22, 2009

Headline of the Week

Former French President Chirac hospitalised after mauling by his clinically depressed poodle. (Daily Mail)

You know I love Barak and Michelle and their girls and all, but even they are no match for a deranged poodle on a rampage.

Sacré bleu.

Apparently the dog was on meds for depression. There are doggie meds for doggie depression? Who knew? I'm sure there are no meds for depressed kitty cats. How could you even tell if a cat was depressed? Because it sleeps all day? hahahaha. good one.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to be the one to tell you this....my last cat had some health issues that resulted in odd behaviors. So for anxiety they prescribed prozac. Mellowed him right out. Funny thing? Can take up to 6 weeks to work in humans. In animals you know within 12 hours!

Oh and happily he never mauled me but if I skipped a dose I have some major scratches to show.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Thanks for telling me. I will keep an eye on my critters, on the lookout for "odd behaviours" .

Anonymous said...

Prozac for cats? What next - sessions on the couch with a shrink?

Then again, I'd be depressed if I was a dog owned by Chirac - I mean, look at the behaviour of Barney (the George W dog) - turned on everyone in his last few weeks in the White House!

Anonymous said...

I also had a colleague with a depressed cat on prozac. Too funny. If he wasn't on it he'd keep them up all night. poor little guys. It's no wonder there aren't more cat suicides out there.
N.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Problem is, a cat has to attempt suicide 8 times before succeeding on the 9th try. They can't be bothered. So they just sleep, eat and get fat instead.

Anonymous said...

Okay I tried to be delicate...his meds, which her needed to live...caused hours of meowing nonstop and peeing constantly. It was awful. The prozac made him cut it out so I didn't kill him with my bare hands. He is no longer with us but damn I loved that cat...it was a bitch to get the pills down him. Prozac tastes bad.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Poor kitty. RIP.