Thursday, January 15, 2009

52 Pick Up

Talking to a guy at work today. We both go to the gym regularly, not that the average observer would notice from our outstanding physiques. At least not in my opinion.

Nevertheless, the guy says to me: "Look at my boss over there" (points to boss). I'm 52, and he's 53. He doesn't go to the gym and it shows." He looks at me and nods firmly, indicating that I am suppose to agree.

"Yes, yes", I respond. But honestly I'm thinking: a) your boss looks okay to me, and b) you look 52.

But the poor guy is convinced that he looks so much fitter and healthier than his boss, so what could I say.

The boss is Japanese, but he wasn't sleeping on a lady's lap pillow. I wish he had been. That would've been so cool.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

soooooo--if one uses a lady's-lap-pillow, one need not exercise AND one will retain a youthful appearance?

Anonymous said...

but on a positive note, you were clearly being lumped into the "go to the gym" category with your svelt figure. =)

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Oh yeah. That word is so often used to describe me. Over-used. All the time.