Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Reader

I'm a failure as a blogger. I can't keep up with events.

I was just coming on here to say that I saw The Reader this afternoon (why? Rafe! of course) and that Kate Winslet is fantastic in it and she should win an award. And then half an hour ago, she did. So there. The foreign press shmos of Hollywood agree with me. How often does an SS prison guard make me cry? Not that often, frankly.

I love Kate Winslet. In everything. She's always great. But I'm wondering if, other than Helen Mirren, there is any other "serious" actress who shows her boobs as often as Kate does. Not that there's anything wrong with that. In the immortal words of Zero Mostel, if you got it, flaunt it, baby, flaunt it.

Hey, the dippy chick from Happy-Go-Lucky just won. I'm one of the 10 people who saw that movie. She was so happy-go-lucky that by the mid-point of the movie, I wanted to strangle her. Right now she's Miss Blubbery-go-Lucky.

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

even w/a ton of laundry to fold--I gave up about half way: the GG's were just too boring to watch so I missed madmen winning best drama or "wev"