Sunday, January 18, 2009

I resolve

I have settled on 2 New Year's Resolutions for 2009, and so far I'm failing miserably at both of them.

1) Declutter the house. The less said about this, the better.
2) Pack a lunch once a week. Buying lunch is a big waste of money, I know it. As Miss Frugal, I don't really understand why my laziness trumps my stinginess, but it does in this regard.

That is why I set the modest goal of bringing my lunch to work only ONCE a week. We are now about to start the 3rd working week of 2009, and I haven't made my goal yet. So this week (delusional ambition alert) I plan to bring my lunch 3 times to make up the slack. Monday's lunch is already made, and I just have to remember to pack it. I'm feeling a little beam of pride already.

Tuesday, I've decided to take the day off and watch the inauguration. I was looking for a day to goof off and this seems ideal.

6 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

PB&J?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Actually, what I have is leftovers of kung pao chicken that I made last night. PB&J will be for when I am out of ideas, which will be probably around Thursday.

Anonymous said...

It alright for you! I can't goof off to watch Obama, its on at 4.00am Wednesday morning over here!!!! Still deciding whether to set the alarm for 3.45am or not.....advice please?

Anonymous said...

I guess I dare not tell you that I bring a lunch every day...Call me if you want some helpful healthy and easy lunch tips.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Susie, Set the alarm for 3:45 watch the inauguration, and then take the day off to sleep.

JAW, I know you are Mr. Lunch.

Anonymous said...

Alarm set!