Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bureaucracy is comin' to the USA

I am miffed as heck at the powers-that-be in Head Office, New York. I am scheduled to write a test on Feb. 3. Because there are sufficient applicants from the area, the test "may" take place in Montreal. To which I say: huzzah!

Here is what they said last week: "Montreal, Canada. Centre is to be confirmed. If we do not have a centre in Montreal, candidates will be convoked to New York." Okay. Fine.

So I am waiting to know if I am writing this here, or else I have to decide whether to spend the $$ to go down to New York, which I don't feel like doing.

So yesterday, they send out another message saying: "Please let us know by Wednesday, 14 January, if you wish to change your exam centre." Duh! Tell me where the exam centre IS and then I'll tell you what I'm doing. They want an answer by tomorrow. But they still have not updated the Montreal news. I'm annoyed!

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

"convoked"

what a great word

Anonymous said...

mushrooms beat me to it - convoked??

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Finally. A response. I won't be convoked to New York. I'll be convoked to Montreal. In fact, I'm being convoked to the very same building I currently work in. How nice.