Thursday, August 02, 2007

This Kills Me

I’ve just been discussing with JAW Fan what a lousy cop I would’ve made, if I had decided to be a cop. Which I would not have, since I’m too short, but that’s not my point.

Big story on the news here is the capture of that triple murderer in cottage country yesterday. It seems a guy spotted this wanted guy who had broken into his neighbour’s vacant cottage. The man recognized our villain and called the cops. The cops then captured the guy. Hurray.

What impresses me is the level-headedness of the man who spotted the suspect. If that was me, I would've gone mental. I see myself running around in circles, waving my hands in the air and screaming IT’S THE MURDERER! IT’S THE MURDERER! And then maybe hiding under the bed.

I doubt I would’ve stayed calm enough to pick up the phone and explain that I’d recognized the suspect, and then given proper directions to the cottage. Nope. If I had gotten under control enough to pick up the phone, I probably would’ve just whispered IT’S THE MURDERER! IT’S THE MURDERER. And the person answering at 911 would’ve said: What? I can’t hear you. Speak up, Madame.

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

book 'im, danno