Monday, August 13, 2007

Bourne to Run

I saw the Bourne Ultimatum and liked it. I didn’t see the first two, but I suspect this doesn’t really matter.

I did wonder why that guy had to go to Turin to meet the reporter from the Guardian. He couldn’t meet him in Spain? I strongly suspect that this was done so we the audience could see shots of Turin. I was waiting for the Shroud, but it never appeared. Did we get to see a train station in Turin? I can’t remember, because overall this movie's job is to guide us on the Great Train Stations of Europe tour.

Best line in my opinion is when our hero Bourne and his totally unnecessary female accomplice learn they have to go to Africa. Bourne glances at his watch and says “we can catch the 3 a.m. ferry to Tangier”. This, I learned, is the mark of a great spy: knowing by heart every train, bus, flight and ferry schedule on the Continent.


P.S. I look forward to Bourne IV where Matt Damon has to chase David Straitharn all over the world to recover the Shroud of Turin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The other two Bourne movies were pretty good. TheOnion.com has a hilarious "interview" with Ben Affleck about his hopes for the next Bourne movie.