Thursday, August 30, 2007

Madame Bovary (suite suite)

Page 160

Leon has slunk off to Paris without having a liaison with Emma. He was her starter affair, just testing the waters so to speak. Only at one point did they touch, to shake hands good-bye, and they were both all aflutter. Those crazy French.

Now Rodolphe is on the scene, and he’s no Leon. I’ve got a bad feeling about this guy. He’s plotting seduction left and right. I read one paragraph containing his thoughts, and I needed to take a shower. He's icky.

Lump of a husband, Charles, remains oblivious.

5 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

must eventually read the anglo version of this

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Whaaa? My translation/ interpretation isn't good enough. harumph.

cityofmushrooms said...

no, I mean, I haven't read it in any language
(and hey, I got thru years of eng lit w/out milton)

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I enjoyed Milton. I always said I would go back and read Paradise Lost again at some point in my life. I'm still waiting for that inspiration to hit me....la la la

cityofmushrooms said...

I know - the milton readers of the world (well you're the second one I know) tell me I don't know what I'm missing