Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The good die young, while old rich zombie Republicans go on and on and on

The Return of the Rummy

Rummy was back in Washington today. Do you miss the Rumster as much as I do? I hope so. Gates ain’t no Rummy, that’s for shure.

I’ve never posted anything about the Pat Tillman story because it’s just too outrageous, disgusting and sad. But when Rummy gets dragged out of the woodwork, well, I can’t let it go by with a comment.

I only needed one day of testimony to remind me of what a creep he is. How quickly we forget these things. He’s asked about it, and his answer is basically: MOI?

Was anyone in their right mind really expecting Rummy to take the stand and say: “Why by golly yes, I knew alllll about Pat Tillman getting shot three times in the forehead by his own men, and I approve! In fact, I ordered it! Jeepers, he was an atheist, and, jiminy crickets, he was going to talk to that commie Noam Chomsky about the war. Of course he had to die!”

Of course, Rummy’s denying everything. Of course, everybody in this entire awful story is saying Cover Up? There’s no Cover Up. Us? Cover Up?

I expect Bush's statement to say, if we didn't fight Pat Tillman over there, we'd have to fight him over here.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Typically, a couple of generals got carpeted over this, but no one higher up the pecking order - no criticism of how this guy was used for propaganda purposes, both before and after he died. And lets face it, with the American forces awful record on friendly fire, its not surprising they tried to cover this up.

Anonymous said...

I don't get it- why cover it up? They didn't cover it up a few years ago when a US soldier killed other soldiers a few years back. And they didn't do a good job of covering up when those Marines killed Iraqi civilions at Haditha. What was gained by covering up Pat Tillman's death? Do you think that maybe they're so used to covering things up that they just can't shake the habit?