Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Shirtless world leaders: Part Trois of a continuing series

The French magazine Paris Match touched up a photograph of President Nicolas Sarkozy on his US holiday, making his figure more svelte.

Leading news weekly L'Express printed before and after shots, showing a distinct tightening of the area it called poignees d'amour (love handles). (BBC)

Isn't the editor of Paris Match a good friend of Sarko's? I believe so.

But really, Sark, if you're going to parade around shirtless for the world media whilst on vacation, you gotta do some serious ab work in advance.

Just ask Vlad.

No love handles on him.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where does the expression "love handles" come from?...Initially, one would assume that it was something to hold onto (ergo "handle") during the "love act" (ergo "love handle")...Now this might just be a straight thing (because it certainly isn't a gay thing)...but do women actually clutch this part during the act of love. It strikes me as an odd place to put your hands...or am I just not well informed of the ins and outs of the missionary position (no pun intended*)

JAW fan

* ok, who am I kidding, pun intended!

Anonymous said...

I have rethought this and have come to the conclusion that it could very possibly be a gay thing as well...assuming of course that one is into them backdoor shenanigans.

JAW fan.

My apologies if you feel I have soiled your blog with my "love" questions.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I think your comments have left all other potential commenters speechless.

I do, however, like the idea of someone being a "blog soiler".

Anonymous said...

Ignoring previous posts, there was this about Putin in the online Globe and Mail

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070822.wputin0822/BNStory/Front

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the lovehandles. I kept looking at the guy, and all I could think was: "Is that a pizza in there, or a baby?" If he was Wayne Thomas, he's wear a sign, and we'd know.

cityofmushrooms said...

If he was Wayne Thomas, we'd watch him on TV

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

My next blog's gonna be called "Pizza, Not a Baby"