Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Shuffle, shuffle

I'm stuck at home this a.m. waiting for the cable guys to show up. Something knocked the outside wire down and I have no cable. The wire is lying on the neighbour's lawn across the street. The same thing happened last summer. I hate being at the mercy of the cable guys.

So, about the Cabinet shuffle. Peter Potato Head goes to Defense? He wasn't embarrassing us enough at Foreign Affairs. Apparently this move is supposed to keep Rick Hillier in line, since it seems like he thinks he runs National Defence, and I guess Steve-o doesn't like that. Meanwhile, Hillier is saying he's pleased with the appointment of Potato Head as Minister, which means Hillier clearly believes he can push PPH around as easily as he did O'Connor. Frankly, knowing Steve-o's attitude, I'm a bit surprised he didn't take over Defence himself.

No comments: