Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Things that make me go ACK!!!

We have a terrace off of our work cafeteria. It is a nice spot to sit in the sun, but usually it is a bit too windy to actually eat there. I've lost count of the blown-away napkins I've seen. So normally I'll eat in and then take my book outside for a few minutes to soak up the sun. The smokers go there to smoke, of course.

So, when was the last time you saw a pregnant woman smoking? We've got one.

I saw her a couple of days ago and thought she was just hanging out with her smoking buddies, but today I saw that she is puffing away like the rest of them.

Yes, I know that in our mothers' generation lots of women smoked and we all turned out okay, but seeing her drove me nuts.

How can somebody do that in this day and age? It is so hard to not go over to her and say: Are you effing nuts??? I can't believe that nobody in the organization has blasted her yet. It takes a lot to appall me, but heck, I'm appalled.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's not alone...Just last year there was also a pregnant smoker at my work.

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

There was a lady who lived at the apartments where I worked who had to have a patch painted on her bathroom ceiling. With a cigarrette hanging from her mouth, she demanded that we put her in a hotel room because the smell wasn't healty for her baby. She was eight months pregnant. I just laughed.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

People are idiots.