Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Woman of the Day

I've never bestowed this honour on anyone before, but today I must.

Woman of the Day is Dawn, the Admission clerk at the ticket counter at The Bay downtown.

Whatta gal. She didn't even flinch when it looked like JAW Fan was going to leap over the counter and strangle her with his bare hands. The fact that he kept saying "I know it's not your fault, I know it's not your fault" was really of little comfort.

It's a long, long story but Admission was screwed up and we couldn't get our Fantasia Festival tickets, but JAW Fan (his wang in an uproar) would not take no for an answer. And if you've ever been around JAW Fan when he's not taking no for an answer, you know it can be a scary scene.

It took close to an hour, but thanks to Dawn's ingenuity at unlocking the secret codes, we got our tickets.

I hope that when she got home tonight she had that martini she wanted. She certainly earned it. Made it a double, I hope.

As for us, crazy Asian cinema will ensue.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was actually thinking of buying her a bottle of wine or a box of chocolates to give her as a thank-you gift (to show her that her efforts were appreciated)...but then, I figure, she would not only think I'm psychotic, but that I'm also a stalker.

So, Dawn if you happen to be reading this...Thank you for your patience and customer service skills.

JAW fan

Note to Nanuk: Nice as she was to us, did you notice how snappy she was to that woman who wanted her watch fixed!

cityofmushrooms said...

"...wang in an uproar..."
I continue to ponder this

Anonymous said...

I was wondering about that too Mushrooms... I hope you guys had a good time once you finally got in.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

JAW Fan, If she had thought about it, she might've made you serve the watch lady. That would've scared her away for good.

Let's give Dawn a break. Her husband has a broken leg.

Oh,...and no stalking.

Other who are wondering,
there is no legitimate reason to refer to anybody's wang in this post, and yet, it seemed necessary.

cityofmushrooms said...

face it, in the world of this blog, wangs of all stripes (striped wangs?!)are often in an uproar

Anonymous said...

Just my 2 cents but you COULD actually write to her boss and compliment her on the good service!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

JAW offered to do that, but she declined. Apparently, she could live without glowing expressions of our support.

cityofmushrooms said...

ie, she thought you were a PAIR of stalkers