Tuesday, July 24, 2007

In the News

Two things:

1. It's raining a lot in England. Why is this news? When I was a kid, if there was one thing everyone knew, it was that it rains a lot in England. Ok. I'm being sarcastic, but still. Watching The National last night did remind me to stock up on bottled water and unperishables. If it starts flooding here I don't want to be one of those people lined up at the grocery store trying to buy bottled water. I've got a spare litre and a half in the fridge right now, but I think I need to double that. Cats will need water, too.

2. Riders are testing positive at the Tour de France. What idiots. They know how much they will be tested. Why do they continue to try to get away with cheating? It's seems pointless.

A third thing:

3. I hate Barry Bonds and do not wish him well in his quest.

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

as I left work last night-it started to rain whereupon a weather warning interupted cbc to intone that a severe thunderstorm was approaching edmonton and the world was coming to an end

what is with these weather warnings? it was just some wind and rain! no: fish, muscrats or small children did not fall from the sky (tho I did lose a few apples from my tree)

when I was a kid I don't remember weather warnings for every little thing tho I do remember everbody shovelling snow off their houses so the roofs wouldn't collapse

those were the days

(signed, old crab)

Anonymous said...

Don't most places have the occasional severe thunderstorms in summer? Last week we had a cold snap (guess what, its winter here!) and there was a warning about snow in the mountains - well golly gee, I wondered what all those people were doing up there on chairlifts with bits of wood stuck to their feet! Its almost like the most mundane weather has become news.