Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Crime on the Praries

What is the murder capital of Canada? Surprise, it's not Montreal.

Regina was the nation's homicide capital. It had 4.5 homicides for every 100,000 people, followed by Edmonton (3.7) and Saskatoon (3.3). (Globe & Mail)

I thought Saskatchewan was a nice place to live. I’m surprised by this. I don’t remember hearing much about homicides in Regina, unlike Edmonton. Why is it that every murder in Edmonton seems to be end up on The National? Seems like last year, we didn't go a month without a "body of murdered prostitute found in field just outside Edmonton" story? And yet Regina is more dangerous. Does the CBC have an anti-Edmonton bias?

I guess I’m just shocked because this is a poll of negative things and Quebec isn’t coming in at No. 1. We’re usually the worst at everything! We’re slacking off. The Hell’s Angels must be in a lull.


Did you see that poll about pot-smoking? Canada is No. 1 and not only that, Quebec would be No. 1 in the world all by itself. We don't even need the Rest of Canada to join in to have the highest level of pot smoking in the world. I'm not sure how to spin this into a pro-sovereignty message. Canada, go away, we can get stoned all by ourselves.

Unrelated to above: This is my 1,000th post. What a blabbermouth. (This proves I'm not a pot smoking slacker. I'm far too productive!)

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

1000th post!???
go get stoned!

Anonymous said...

You realize that I read this post before the one below about slacker cafeteria boy? So I thought his dumb ways were self-explanatory. Until I realized that that thought came first....