Monday, July 16, 2007

Scanning the news...

The 22s are off to Kandahar. How long before the first Quebecois soldier is killed, i.e. one from a regiment based in Quebec. We already had a local military funeral, for the guy whose family is in Laval. He seemed like a cool guy. Once Quebecois start dying over there, it will get huge coverage, and Harper can kiss his support here, however much there may be, good-bye. On the other hand, that will mean he is going to have to shower the province with $$$ goodies. Yes, we can be bought.

Somebody needs to be put Michael Chertoff on a feeding tube. That guy is skeletal. I don’t want to hear about gut feelings about terrorist attacks from someone who looks like a zombie. He’s scary enough as is.

Many lakes in the province are full of blue-green algae, and apparently it is to a large part the fault of, guess who?, humans. Run-off from septic tanks, industries, etc., have made the water toxic. We are a province of idiots who will never learn. Help, Stephen Harper! Send us some money to fix this problem!

I don’t know about you, but I feel like I need to get a big tub of popcorn and plop myself in front of the tube and watch Pakistan explode. Although the idea that it could soon end up being the first nuclear-armed Islamist state kind of makes my tummy do flip-flops. Really, is there a more dysfunctional country? I don’t think so.

Not to go all Peter Bergen on you, but a new video of Osama usually means an attack is imminent. Unlike Chertoff, I have an actual, and not just metaphorical, gut, and mine tells me some thing’s going to go boom before the end of the year. In a perfect world, that “thing” would be Cheney.

Conrad Black remains a pompous ass. Some things are for life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree about Michael Chertoff needing something, but a tube isn't what I had in mind. And when a bushie tells you his "gut" says an attack is imminent, that means they are getting ready to blow something up and blame it on Islamic extremists. Most Americans (except that illiterate 25%) know that the terrorists we really need to worry about are the ones in the White House.