Friday, July 20, 2007

So many options

I can't decide which aspect of this story is most inspiring of comment:

President Bush will undergo a routine colonoscopy Saturday, and will transfer power to Vice President Dick Cheney during the procedure, expected to take about two and a half hours, the chief White House spokesman said. (CNN)

When Bush has a colonoscopy, it doubles as a brain scan.

Is two and a half hours enough time to declare war on Iran?

Transfer power to Cheney? Didn't Bush do that on Inauguration Day?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first was my favorite, but the other two were good also. It's really not fair though, as the whole situation is just too easy. I wish Jon Stewart came on tonight...

Anonymous said...

And they found 5 polyps (or have they mistaken those for brain cells? - do we really need this level of information?

Anonymous said...

Ok, on a sort of related topic, I'm waiting for any comments on the demise of Tammy Fay.....did anyone see her on LKL last week? What will happen to sales of mascara now she's gone?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I did see Tammy Faye on LKL last week, but only for a few moments because a) it was Larry King and I really can't stand him for long; and b) she was too distressing to look at. It was clear she didn't have long to live, but I was really surprised that she died so soon after being on LKL. I guess she just had to fit in one final guest spot before kicking off.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I don't really want to go into Bush's polyps in detail, but this line at Wonkette.com made me laugh:

All of the gruesome little growths will be “sent to the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland,” and given cabinet-level political appointments.