Monday, July 30, 2007

In Sports News

I've seen a few pictures lately of men playing cricket in Afghanistan. How civilized.

I've never understood cricket, and I fear I never will. You'd think as a baseball fan, I'd see the connection between the two sports, but I just don't. This has led to endless puzzlement when reading British novels, where there are elaborate descriptions of cricket matches, and I'm apparently supposed to be on the edge of my seat about it, but I'm just thinking ?????? and skipping to the next chapter.

But my point is that I hope cricket becomes the official sport of A'stan. It sure beats that other game where they bat around the headless goat. I mean, really, the poor goat. That has to stop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cricket is one of those things you grow up watching but never entirely understand, especially if you have never played it. However, I can state quite categorically it has no relationship to baseball. If you remember that, you'll be fine.

I am happy to offer technical advice if required!