Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Amazing Kreskin: Still Amazing

Whilst flipping last week, I came across The Amazing Kreskin on The Hour with Georgie S.

Kreskin is still the high priest of nerd cool. He did one of those card-guessing tricks that blew Georgie away. Then he brought crew members and audience members onto the stage and hypnotized them. They couldn’t open their eyes or move their legs.

I’ve never been hypnotized and I don’t think I’d be hypnotizable. For one thing, in this case, my mind would be racing too fast to be put under, thinking, wow, I’m being hypnotized by the Amazing Kreskin, this is truly amazing. So that wouldn’t work.

In any other case, I’d be too unrelaxed to fall for it. First of all, as an introvert I would never volunteer to go on stage, so that’s that. The hypnotist would have to come to my house. That’s a tad unlikely to happen. Also, I’d be too afraid of revealing some weirdo thing that’s buried deep in my psyche. (Stephen Harper? Sexy!!!) Yikes.

6 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

you should blog on embarassing- things-that-would-be-revealed-should-the-amazing-kreskin-hypnotize-you

I'll offer my own: about once every 2 years -I need a bout of neil diamond played loudly in my house-well actually I'm not that embarassed about it since I've inserted it in cyberspace
-is it the shirts? the sideburns? that cracklin' rose baritone? who knows

maybe it was "saving silverman"...?

cityofmushrooms said...

ps I heard mr amazing on jian's Q show and yes, he remains amazing-even on radio!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Cracklin' Rosie is a great song! I haven't decided whether or not liking certain Neil Diamond songs is something to be ashamed of. I'm working on this.

Anonymous said...

...ditto for me on the Cracklin Rosie song. It's just so damn catchy.

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

so now we are all safely out of our neil diamond closets

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Just to clarify, there are also some god-awful Neil Diamond songs.