Thursday, July 19, 2007

More Fantasia

I saw Exiled last night. This is the reason I go to Fantasia. A Francis Ng, Anthony Wong, Simon Yam extravaganza. I miss those guys so much. Let me expose my age bias by saying those "older" actors (i.e. the ones my age) are the best. They are cool. They are still cool and this movie exists for them to look cool. Anthony Wong is King of Cool.

This was a very stylized action picture, with nice cinematography, set in Macau. I kept thinking that Marty Scorsese will want to remake this one, too. There are lovely pastel-coloured buildings in Macau with outdoor stairwells. These are great places to stage shoot-em-ups. Although I did wonder if anyone else lived in this place, other than gangsters. The streets sure were deserted.

I give it a thumbs-up.

No comments: