Monday, July 30, 2007

Another Movie

Yeah, I been catching up on my movies....

I saw Interview with Steve Buscemi and Sienna Miller.

I knew nothing about Sienna Miller except that Jude Law cheated on her with the baby-sitter. Which says a lot more about ole Jude than it does about Sienna. The CAD! (What is wrong with some men? Eh? Jude suffers from HGD. Hugh Grant’s Disease. I could go on about this....)

I have mixed feelings about the movie. Being a long, long-time Buscemi fan, I don’t want to say anything negative about him*. And the movie was a tribute to Theo van Gogh who had already hired the two actors to star in this English version of his movie. But then, of course, he was murdered and Buscemi decided to make the movie and direct it himself, as a tribute. So how can I say anything bad about such a honourable endeavour.

If you like small indie movies where the two protagonists rip each other to shreds emotionally, then this is the film for you.

*He’s Mr. Pink for heaven’s sake! He doesn't tip.
And Donny. I am the walrus. I am the walrus.

No comments: