Sunday, July 29, 2007

Order of the Phoenix

Continuing my Harry Potter week-end, I saw HP and the Order of the Phoenix yesterday. I quite liked it. But if you haven't read the book, I cannot see how you can follow this plot or know who any of these characters are.

I don't think Professor Lupin even had a line. He was just in the background all the time. I wonder how much David Thewlis got paid for this gig.

And you know what's creepy? Gary Oldman being kind. A nice Gary Oldman is just wrong, wrong, wrong. He looks cruel and should be playing crazy and cruel. But now his character's dead so what can I say? So long Sirius.

I was thinking that Oldman would've made a good Voldemort if they hadn't gone for the Rafester. Rafe is the best at being bad, but Oldman is a close second.

And then there's Snape. Alan Rickman steals every scene he's in. He's a hoot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They left so much out of the movie! I felt like it was a summary of the book (remember those book reports we had to do at school?). I liked the previous one better.

I think Gary Oldman would have been a good Voldemort, but maybe not tall enough?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Well, stature-wise, Oldman is no Rafe. And I dare anyone to argue that!! (raising my eyebrow menacingly)