Tuesday, July 10, 2007

This seems a bit harsh

BEIJING - China on Tuesday executed the former head of its food and drug watchdog who had become a symbol of the country’s wide-ranging problems on product safety.

Zheng Xiaoyu’s execution was confirmed by State Food and Drug Administration spokeswoman Yan Jianyang at a news conference held to highlight efforts to improve China’s track record on food and drug safety. (MSNBC)

Gulp. I hope this didn't happen because of my complaints about toothpaste and frozen vegetables.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

oh the power of the blog

Anonymous said...

...I better never you complaining that our cheese isn't the cheesiest, because heads will start rolling here (literally, I guess!)

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

Oh I read this yesterday and thought, could you imagine how much better department heads would be if execution was an option?