Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fat Men

There’s an article on slate.com today about how researchers have found that women prefer muscular men for lovin’ but not when it comes to finding a husband. Which leads to one question:

How do researchers get money to do such dumb obvious research?

But putting aside that question, apparently, women are wired to be attracted to manly muscled men, but on a different level we know to avoid Charles Atlas when things get serious and prefer to marry the 99-pound-weakling who is getting sand kicked in his face because he’ll make a more loyal husband. Frankly, I think Mr. 99-pound is just as likely to cheat, but that’s just my opinion. And I’m not a researcher.

Contrast this with the article in today’s Times of London where a lady writes all about how much she loves her fat man. Fat men, she tells us, are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. They are cuddly and fat.

I’m sure this is true about Al Gore, but what about the rest of them?

Now I know this article was published because it’s July and even the snobs who read the Times need some summer fluff reading. But it really bugged me because where is the counterpart article saying how delightful and cuddly fat women are. Don’t look too hard for that article because you’ll exhaust yourself and you’ll never find it.

Fortunately for my blood pressure, the people who commented on the Times article jumped right on the point that was bothering me the most, i.e. the words “heart attack”, “diabetes”, and “high blood pressure” were very prominent in their comments. I wonder how much Mrs. Fat Lover will enjoy sitting by Mr. Fat’s bed when he’s in intensive care after having a massive coronary.

So much for summer fluff. The Times readers shot that idea down right away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust me...just go on the Net and type in the words "Fat Women", and believe me you'll find lots of men who love 'em...granted, they might just want to love them for one night (but that's another story!)

JAW Fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Dare I ask how you know this?

Anonymous said...

It's the Internet...there's love to be found everywhere and for everyone.

Not that I would do this at work, but I often wonder what sites would pop up if you typed in certain words...examples: hairy dentists, greasy chickens, skinny monks.

Would these seemingly-innocent phrases produce innocent sites or XXX smut?

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

once, the husband, innocently looking for canoe-sites, googled "paddling"

ahem