Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Decisions, decisions

Is it dumb to book an expensive vacation at the same time that one is fretting over possibly losing one’s job?

Being Miss Frugal, I’m thinking I should put off a trip until next year when I’ll know where I’ll be working. On the other hand, if I have no job or a new job next year, I won’t get the vacation time that I have accumulated here. And if I’ve been unemployed (living off of that elusive “package”) I won’t want to waste it on vacation.

But also being Miss Travel, I’d really like to go on vacation and I have been saving expressly for this purpose for a few months now. I have the money, and I can go without worry.

I’m probably going. I told the travel agent I’d bring my deposit tomorrow if I was indeed going. The travel agent also told me it would be no problem to extend a couple of days so I can add Tokyo to my itinerary. So my trip would be 11 days in Viet Nam, 2 days in Cambodia and 2 days in Japan. Looking at that list, it seems crazy not to go.

5 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

Go! Go! GO! Lucky you: you must go!!

Anonymous said...

You should definately go! And, have I missed something- what's happening to your job?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Anne,
There are major cuts coming to our organization, the majority of which will be in the area I'm working in. Of course, management is not telling us anything about who precisely is being cut and who is being "re-assigned". We'll know on October 1.

cityofmushrooms said...

they need you to save them from the passive-construction-euro-manual-writers

Anonymous said...

ueumfwiqw http://www.free-mass-traffic.net/free-mass-traffic/free-mass-traffic-review Free Mass Traffic