Wednesday, July 18, 2007

In Cafeteria News...

We have a new young guy making breakfasts and sandwiches in our cafeteria. Here’s my recent encounter with him:

Me: I’d like an English Muffin with egg and cheddar cheese, please.
Drug-Head: We’re out of English muffins. Any other ….?
Me: Brown toast is fine.
DH: Okay. And you want lettuce and tomato. (This is a statement, not a question.)
Me: No. Just egg and cheese.
DH: Okay. You want Swiss cheese?
Me: No. Cheddar.
DH: Okay.
(He does his thing)
DH: You’re having bacon. (Statement, not a question.)
Me: Nope, no bacon.
DH: Just cheese.
Me: And an egg. An egg and cheddar cheese.
DH: Okay.

Godot arrives.

I mean, really, people, how many drugs has this kid done for his brain to be this fried at his age? I much prefer our other sandwich lady. She cowers and looks at me like I’m a serial killer, but at least she always gets the order right. Some day she may smile.

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

so I guess the cute chef is gone?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

He is gone, and I miss his cooking. The food has really gone downhill. I find myself heading out for lunch more and more often. Sad.