Tuesday, July 24, 2007

End of Fantasia

I saw my last Asian movie of the summer last night. It was really good. A Japanese film called Always that I think would do well if it was released here. A nice little tear-jerker, heart-warmer.

It was a good way to end it because overall Fantasia was a disappointment this year. I don't know if this is because:

a) I'm old
b) I'm jaded
c) The movies aren't as good as they used to be, or
d) I'm picking the wrong movies.

Out of 10, I really only liked Always, Rug Cop and Exiled. Shucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the same overall feeling this year.

Of your four choices, I think the answer for me would be "B" (jaded)

We have seen too many...and are expecting something to wow us. It's pretty hard to wow us now.

Although, I do admit last year I saw a couple of films I truly enjoyed, so maybe we are just picking the wrong movies.

JAW fan