Thursday, November 02, 2006

Six days to go...

Today on the Big Bob Countdown we have a sweet picture from the photo shoot for the Desire album cover. This would be 1975-76 so Bob was 34, quite a bit younger than I am now. He still looks young here. He's “Big Hat, Big Coat Bob”.

Bob sure loves hats. He always wearing them, which bothers me ‘cause that means we don’t get to see his wild-man hair. When Bob removes his hat, does he have “hat hair”? I suspect not. I suspect he is one of the lucky ones whose hair just springs back to normal and doesn’t, unlike yours truly, have his hair looking glued to his head.

I know he will be wearing a hat in concert, probably a black one with a wide brim. What can you do, eh?

Being from the North Country, Bob knows the importance of wearing a hat in winter. And yet so many of us Northerners don’t wear one. I’m veering dangerously close to transforming this post into a lament about the unavoidable winter that will soon be upon us. Wah.


4 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

here in the city of mushrooms it has been winter for a few blankety-blank weeks

oh, and cute bob photo
(are you trying for conversion here, or what?)

Anonymous said...

Love the photo, but I have to confess to knowing precious little about the man himself.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

MsMushrooms! I thought you had already been converted through his smooth radio-host voice and quirky sense of humour. Don't tell me I still have work to do to convert you? Tough audience.

On the "Flowers" show he reads poems by Robert Frost and Christopher Marlowe. Nobody reads a poem like Bob does. I'm appealing to your poetic side here!

cityofmushrooms said...

well, you know, I'm on side w/old bob

still working on young bob (the flowy scarf is a start)

tho please recall my grade 4 teacher who made us sing blowin in the frigging wind over and over
I still cringe at the memory...